RE-DORKULATED

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Move Over Katie Couric! Here Comes E.D.

So I was on my way to Bill O'Reilly's website to buy "Boycott France" bumper stickers, and an article on FOX News' homepage caught my attention; "Are UNIFIL Forces Safe in the Mideast?", by E.D. Hill.

I have seen her on "FOX and Friends" many times. She is one of the three stooges that host the show. I am going to be honest, I have always thought that she was a shotgun-totin' hillbilly, but after this article, I now see her as a real professional in her field [SARCASIM ENDS HERE].

In her article, she writes:

...since there is clearly nothing the UNIFIL force can possibly do now during this military conflict, why aren’t the forces being withdrawn for their own safety?

Is it possible that the UN actually thinks that they might be able to help in this conflict? Maybe they want to end the killing and the bloodshed? In her article, she does not mention what UNIFIL stands for and doesn't give any kind of information about it. Since I am not an expert on the UN and world affairs like E.D. is, I went to research UNIFIL. I didn't have to go far. There was a link for UNIFIL on FOX News' website inside that article which leads to the official UN website. It appears UNIFIL stands for "United Nations Interim Force Inside Lebanon". Direct from their website:

Established to confirm the withdrawal of Israeli forces from southern Lebanon, to restore international peace and security, and to assist the Government of Lebanon in ensuring the return of its effective authority in the area.

Tell me again why you would remove UNIFIL from Southern Lebanon? They are there for a reason you dimwit.

By the way, if you are interested in buying "Boycott France" bumper stickers, you save 25 cents if you sign up for a Premium Membership at www.billoreilly.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home